Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving Troubles


I have fond memories of Thanksgiving, being with family, eating yummy food, but this year was a bit different. As we were finishing our meal, my husband suddenly left the table and went to the bathroom. I figured he had eaten too much. Unfortunately, it was much worse. Something he ate had suddenly caused him severe pain and he had vomited blood. I rushed him to the ER. After x-rays and careful monitoring, the doctors guessed it to be a tear in his esophagus. He was able to go home after a few hours, though the pain was still immense. He has a high tolerance for pain and I could tell he was really suffering. He's doing better now, especially with the help of pain meds. He will likely get an endoscopy next week to investigate further. Not a fun way to spend the holiday, but at least he's starting to feel better. On a happier note, I made mini chocolate cheesecakes in coconut macaroon crusts and they were delicious.

Make sure to come back on Tuesday. I'll be doing another giveaway :)



No comments:

Post a Comment