Saturday, February 7, 2015

Dragons


I love art. Creating art and writing stories are two of my favorite things to do. There's something magical about them. They make me happy. This past week, I found myself drawing dragons. Dragons are great because it's all up to your imagination. That's also one of the problems. I have great images in my brain, but sometimes I have a hard time getting them on paper. But when I am successful, I like to share my creations. I usually like to sketch with a pencil first and then scan it to my iPad to color and add detail. Here are the three I've done so far.


Western Style




Eastern Style


This is Glaurung, a Tolkien creation.


There's another Tolkien dragon I'm going to work on next--Ancalagon The Black. I also want to draw Ogorv, the dragon from my Vessel series. Speaking of Ogorv, I just finished a scene with him in Foretold where you'll get to learn a bit more about him and his past. :)

Have a great weekend!










No comments:

Post a Comment