Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I've Been Thinking...



I like thinking up new ideas to engage my readers and yesterday a lightbulb went off. Granted, I don't have a great track record for participation so far, but I'm willing to give it a try. This is just the idea. I won't start it right away. Just let it simmer in your brain for now. I'd like to host a little writing contest. I want you out there to pick a scene from one of my books and rewrite it the way you want. It could be a scene you weren't all that keen on or one that you loved but want to expand. I'll probably limit it to one book at a time, starting with The Bride, and see how it goes. There will be a prize involved. I hope for it to be a nice gift card of some sort, but it's too early to tell. I also want to make it international. Now, to help things along for anyone who has not yet read The Bride, I will make it free on lulu.com for a short time. I will let you know in advance when that will be. If you're interested in this adventure, please leave a comment!

One more thing. I've decided on the first bit of secret business for my Super Fans. On Feb. 28, I will send an email to all who've joined and disclose the first chapter of Foretold, Book Three in my Vessel series. If you've been itching to know what happens next, here's your chance for a small taste. Everyone else will have to wait till it's published. If you haven't joined yet, do it soon so you don't miss out! If you haven't read Taela and/or Sources yet, you have some time to catch up.








No comments:

Post a Comment