Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Workin' It


About 10 years ago, I started eating healthier and working out regularly, which was hard because I love food (mostly the junk kind) and I hate exercising. This lasted for about 5 years, where I was able to lose about 30 pounds and keep it off. After getting married, I kinda stopped doing both things, especially the exercising, though I was still able to manage my weight. I worked at an elementary at the time, so I remained physical during PE and recess. After a job change, I was much more sedentary and my eating habits, while still healthy from time to time, included more junk. Needless to say, I started to gain weight again. Never to the extent as before, but clothes weren't fitting as well and I was feeling more lethargic. I needed to change, again. About four months ago, I started exercising again-- treadmill and some simple yoga. I hate running. I think it is akin to torture. When I began, I was content to simply walk on the treadmill. After a week or so, I added some minimal jogging. That was hard. Now, even though I still don't like running, I can run on the treadmill for a few minutes in between some walking. I'm seeing improvements with energy, how my clothes fit, and  my overall appearance. My diet isn't as strict as it was when I first lost weight, but I do make an effort to include healthier foods and healthy substitutions. Like yesterday, I wanted some cookies. I followed a basic chocolate chip recipe, but instead of using butter or shortening, I used sour cream. This changes the consistency a bit, but the cookies are still delicious. I know it's important to take care of myself, so I will continue these habits for as long as I can. Or until Science discovers that magic pill. :)


Two weeks from today will be my 300th post. I'll be doing a giveaway, which will start on Saturday. You'll get all the details then.







No comments:

Post a Comment