Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Hail Mary


I'm a HUGE fan of BYU football, and have been for about 16 years. Most of my family members are U of U fans, the rival school here in Utah. Anyway, I watched the opening game on Saturday evening against Nebraska. Both teams had their ups and downs. At the end of the forth quarter, Nebraska was up one point. BYU had the ball with one second left. One. Second. Now, I believe in miracles, but wasn't really expecting one that evening. The quarterback threw a Hail Mary pass toward the end zone and the receiver caught it just inside the line. It was AWESOME! I danced around the room, cheering. My husband, who couldn't care less about any sport, thought it was amusing. It was a great game. The only drawback was that the starting quarterback broke his foot and is out for the season. He broke his leg last year. Poor guy can't catch a break, except his bones. (Hahaha!) I live close to BYU, and hope to someday go to a home game. They usually have a game around my birthday each year, so maybe it will be my present one of these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment