Thursday, September 11, 2014

Ideas that Don't Work (At Least Not Yet)


**warning: this post contains mild complaining and an attitude leaning toward discouragement**

I hate to admit it, but I've become rather pessimistic in the last couple of years. Much of it has to do with hoping for or expecting things to happen and facing the disappointment when things go a different, and often disastrous, direction. I do my best to keep trying, but it gets frustrating after a while. One of the things I find discouraging is the ideas I come up with to engage readers, yet I can't seem to catch their attention. I'm not blaming any of you who read this blog. I know most of the problem is my lack of visibility to the masses. I don't have the money to aggressively promote myself yet. I've started a number of things to hopefully get some feedback or participation from anyone out there. My Name Game has had very few entries. Is that because not many people have read Soulless? Or is it just because the info hasn't gotten to the readers? I have no idea. My Quote Game on Facebook has been doing okay. (Don't get me started on the scam FB is pulling by withholding posts from people who have liked my page.) Now I have my Super Fan idea in action. I'm crossing my fingers that this will generate some great interaction. I guess what I'm trying to get across is, I don't really know what to do. What gets readers excited? What can I do to grab your attention or seek out new readers? Any ideas would be appreciated. Sorry for the doom and gloom attitude. I'm going to keep writing books no matter what, but it would certainly be nice to find people to read them and be involved along the way.

End of complaining.

Sunday is the first day of Samurai Penguin on my other blog. I hope you'll stop by and check it out. Yippie!




No comments:

Post a Comment