Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Little Confession



I love Jane Austen. Her stories are absolutely fabulous. If I had to choose a favorite, it would probably be Pride and Prejudice. I love me some Mr. Darcy. But...

I've never read any of her books.

I've seen multiple movie versions of most. (and love them all) I don't know if there is a movie version for Lady Susan, though. I'm not 100% sure why I've never bothered to read the books. Maybe it's because I've become so accustomed to the actors' versions that I'm afraid I won't like the books as much. And I'm an avid believer that the books are generally better than the films, but I worry my Austen world will shatter if this belief doesn't hold up.

This is a silly fear, of course. I just need to buckle down and do it. Since I don't work during the summer, I have plenty of time. So, here is my goal. I, Kacie Taylor, will read Pride and Prejudice by the end of September. Hopefully it won't take me that long, but I'll probably take a break now and then to watch the two movie versions I own.

I feel better now.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'd start with P&P. I read Sense and Sensibility because I loved the movie, but I barely made it through, it was so slooooow. I also really enjoyed Lady Susan.

    ReplyDelete