Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Cooking With Kacie 2


I love to cook. But, even more so, I love to eat what I cook. Luckily, I'm pretty good at both. If you read the related post I did a while back, you might remember that I said I was considering creating a cookbook. That is still a possibility. Until then, I thought I'd share a recipe or two once in a while. Here's one that use quite frequently. Focaccia bread. It's super easy, takes about an hour and a half to make, and is versatile. I've used it for sandwiches, deep dish pizza, cheesy roll-ups, breadsticks, and cinnamon rolls. I'm sure there are many other uses. I'll start with the basic recipe that I found on Pinterest, via madeitateitlovedit.com

Easy Focaccia Flat Bread

2 cups water, warm
1 Tablespoon yeast
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons salt
4 cups flour

Toppings:
1/2 cup melted butter
olive oil
rosemary
thyme
sesame seeds
parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Dissolve yeast in water. Add sugar and salt. Add flour last. Sitr until mixed; spray cookie sheet with pam. Spread dough in pan (hint: use water on your fingertips to prevent sticking). Top with melted butter or olive oil. Then top with whatever other toppings you like. Let rise for about 45 minutes. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Cut into squares, serve hot!


Experiment with it. If you want the extra steps for cheesy roll-ups or cinnamon rolls, let me know in the comments and I'll add that later. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment