Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Geek Games



My husband is the most wonderful person I know. One of the things I like about him is his geekiness. I've got my own geekiness and they usually compliment each other. There's been one thing, however, that he enjoys, but I just haven't been able to get into. His taste in board/card games. He loves D&D and other tabletop RPGs and also Magic the Gathering. Not my thing. He tried to teach me how to play Magic once, but I was not impressed. (But I was plenty confused.) Well yesterday evening, we invited two of his young cousins over to play some games and he decided to teach them Magic. I sat back and watched, remembering a few things from my own lesson. The boys were really excited about it. Afterward, for some inexplicable reason, I decided to give it another try. I downloaded the app version onto my iPad and went through the tutorials. It still doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I get the gist. I will keep trying and, who knows, I might end up enjoying it. Heck, I thought the same thing about Doctor Who-- another geek thing my husband got me sucked into. The geek is strong with this one.

P.S. We saw Avengers II over the weekend. Excellent. In case you're wondering Captain America is my favorite Avenger.


No comments:

Post a Comment