Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Two Quick Things



First, I did some experimenting with my recent batch of body soap to make it thicker. I had the idea to use unflavored gelatin. After reading up on it, I found that it can be beneficial for skin on its own. So, I bought a box filled with little packets. Each packet has roughly a tablespoon of powder. For the amount of body soap in the recipe, I figure 5-6 packets will do the trick. I poured some of the soap (1-2 cups worth) into a small pot, boiled it, and then dissolved the gelatin. I then poured it back into the container and shook it to mix. Shake again at least once an hour. It will take several hours to see results. I actually used a few more packets at first, but the soap was too gelatinous. Aren't you glad I figured this out for you? :)

Second, I have decided that for the next Super Fan fun, anyone who participates will be entered to win a $25 Amazon gift card. (To be emailed to winner) You must be a member of the club, obviously, and then ask at least one question during the online Q&A. I'm still trying to figure out when/how to host it, but invitations will be sent out soon. Join the club now!


No comments:

Post a Comment