Saturday, January 25, 2014

Fun With Cake


The birthday party for my nephew was a success and the cakes were (almost) perfect. I'm still getting the hang of it. I finished up the fondant part this morning, which led to a minor tantrum when it stuck to the counter and I had to roll it out again. The kitchen was a mess. When we came home from the party, my wonderful, awesome, handsome husband offered to clean up and wouldn't let me help. I felt kind of bad, but on the other hand, I really didn't want to do it. He's my knight in powdered sugar-covered armor. The birthday theme was Super Mario.

Here is the big cake.



And here is the little cake the birthday boy got to attack.



Our present for him was a plush Koopa Troopa. This was the best picture I could get because he kept moving around.


All in all it was fun and the cake was delicious. That's probably the most important thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment