Saturday, November 23, 2013

ABC Characters "B"


I had a hard time thinking of more than these three names. Not true. I thought of some others but I didn't really have anything to say about them. I'm starting to think keeping up with this list will be harder than I thought.


Bellatrix Lestrange. Harry Potter series. She's evil. And, in my opinion, she was more dangerous than Voldemort. She lived to serve him, yet he couldn't care less about her. Everything she did was in the hopes that he'd finally acknowledge or praise her. He never would. She must have thought, "maybe this time . . . if I do this one thing, then he'll . . ." Someone whose very existence is to impress the unimpressed will do anything.

Bella Swan. The Twilight Saga. I know her name is Isabella, but she's more known as Bella. I've admitted in the past that I liked the Twilight books. But my least favorite of the four is New Moon. I had to roll my eyes at Bella's childish moodiness. Sure, she's a teenager and she "lost" the love of her life, but seriously? I suppose she's fine in the other books, but this one stands out for me where she is concerned.

Buttercup. The Princess Bride. I love her character in the movie version, but in the book I was disappointed to find out that she's kind of dumb. The men of the book are besotted by her beauty, but she doesn't seem to have many other redeeming qualities. It's been a while since I've read it, so maybe I'm being too harsh.


So, in my previous post I introduced an item that will soon be available on my etsy shop. I had hoped to have everything ready today, but I still need a couple of things for the packaging. As for pricing, I think I have it settled. $5 for just the hourglass, $6 for hourglass and ribbon necklace. This may or may not change  between now and when I actually have them available. Shipping will probably be between $1-1.50. I will also be including with each purchase a discount code you can use if you buy the paperback version of The Bride on amazon.

Reminder than next Saturday is sample day for Soulless! Prologue and chapter one. Be there.

Now I'm counting down the minutes until it's time to watch the 50th Anniversary special of Doctor Who!


No comments:

Post a Comment