Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #22



I would consider myself to be a geeky sort of person. Probably not as geeky as my husband (love you, Garett) but I certainly have the geek gene. This list will be in random order, since I don't think I can quantify how much geekier one thing is over another.

Today's Topic: Why I Think I'm a Geek


10. I watch more cartoons now than when I was a kid. One of my favorite all-time cartoons will always be Avatar: The Last Airbender. The first time I watched an episode was when I was in my twenties.
9. My book genre of choice is fantasy. (Harry Potter for life!) If it has magic, creatures, princesses, sorcerers, wizards, spells, curses, etc. there's a good chance I'll like it. It's also my genre of choice for writing.
8. Like #9, I enjoy TV shows and movies that are fantasy, with science fiction close behind. That list might include Fringe, Once Upon a Time, Doctor Who, Star Wars, Labyrinth,
7. Anime. This is similar to #10, but I think anime is a whole new level of geek. Especially since I don't understand Japanese. I choose to watch the English dubbed version of some shows, but usually the subtitled ones are better. Here's a few I like: Inu Yasha, Kaichou Maid Sama, Kimi Ni Todoke, Special A, Zakuro, Fairy Tail, Lovely Complex. I could go on.
6. I tend to be socially awkward. I know not all geeks are this way, but I think the desire to stay home in my bubble means I find things to entertain myself. I find geeky things.
5. I love RPG video games, especially Final Fantasy. I can't choose a favorite, but if I had to, it would be out of 6, 7, 8 , 9, 10, or 10-2. I'm actually in the middle of playing 6 right now. LOVE Sabin! (and Tifa, and Cloud and Zell and Bahamut and Knights of the Round and Chocobos, and ....)
4. I don't want to brag, but I'm pretty smart.
3. I suppose some of the music I listen to would be considered geeky. See Top Ten List #11
2. I draw and paint fantasy stuff. I have a plan to one day paint a large dragon to hang on my living room wall. I have the canvasses and a rough sketch, but I just haven't had time to do it yet. It will be awesome.
1. I can play the theme to Super Mario Brothers on the piano. Oh, and one of the Tetris themes. And songs from Final Fantasy.

One day, Husband and I would love to go to comicon in San Diego. Or any of the others around the country. They had one in Salt Lake City in September, but we weren't able to make it. Some day!

FYI, I opened an Etsy shop yesterday because I discovered they allow the selling of digital items. So, now you can start buying my books from there as well. Right now, I only have the ebook version of Taela (in mobi and epub) available, but I plan to include all my ebooks, merchandise, and print books. The print books will be signed copies! As for the merchandise, I bought some supplies yesterday and hope to have my first item ready next week! The prices for ebooks/books will be lower in my Etsy shop than on amazon, barnesandnoble.com, and iBookstore because those big companies take a larger percent of the purchase price. With Etsy, I can lower the price and still earn more than I do from the Big Guys. I'm not saying I'm in this for the money (though that would be helpful) but I hope you would rather have more of the money you spend go to me so I can spend more time creating books than for your money to go into the pockets of million dollar companies. Just a thought.






No comments:

Post a Comment