Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #24 and #25


If you didn't already know, I've recently become a huge Doctor Who fan. (I mean the reboot. I haven't watched any of the originals) This weekend is the grand Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special. I'm pretty excited, mostly because David Tennant and Billie Piper are in it. So in honor of Doctor Who I've compiled TWO top ten lists. That's right. TWO. **May contain spoilers**

First Topic: My Favorite Doctor Who Characters

10. Strax. He's hilarious. And he looks like a potato.
9. Mickey Smith. Though he's kind of an idiot (he has earned the nickname Mickey the Idiot), he has his moments.
8. Martha Jones. I felt bad for her and her unrequited love for Ten. She was one tough cookie.
7. Donna Noble. She's pretty funny. Best scene is when she and Ten see each other through the windows in the episode Partners in Crime.
6. The Ponds. Amy and Rory are the perfect couple. He waited 2000 years for her, she pulled time apart for him. *sigh*
5. Eleven. He started out so goofy, but as time went on he became darker, which is understandable, especially after The Angels Take Manhattan. I miss the goofy.
4. Nine. I was kind of surprised by how much I liked Nine. I've heard/read that a lot of fans don't really like him, but I think he was great.
3. Clara Oswald. She's adorable and a great companion for Eleven during his darker times.
2. Rose Tyler. Love love love her!! Such a bittersweet storyline. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch Doomsday again.
1. Ten. Perfection.


Let me preface this by saying I am easily frightened by frightening stuff, and even not-so-frightening stuff. It's a wonder I get through some of these episodes.

Second Topic: Most Frightening/Disturbing Episodes

10.Night Terrors. Creepy looking dolls that roam around, giggling like creepy children.
9. Hide. Haunted house, pocket universe, scary creature in the woods.
8. The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People. Expendable doppelgangers made from white goo who just want a chance to live, even if that means killing their human counterparts.
7. Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead. Vashta Nerada. Two shadows. Skeletons in space suits.
6. The Waters of Mars. Virus in the water, makes those infected spew water and develop a nasty skin condition and creepy eyes.
5. The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances. Little boy with a gas mask fused to his face wanders around asking everyone, "Are you my mummy?" If he touches someone they grow a gas mask face of their own.
4. Blink. The Weeping Angels cometh. *shiver* If you'd like a taste of a Weeping Angel, click here.
3. The Angels Take Manhattan. More Weeping Angels.
2. The Time of the Angels/Flesh and Stone. Seeing a theme here? The Weeping Angels totally creep me out.
1. Midnight. As scared as I am of the Weeping Angels, no episode is more disturbing than Midnight. An alien takes over the mind of a lady, making her repeat everything anyone says. It causes panic and mob mentality sets in. It doesn't sound that bad, but if you watch it . . . This is another episode I don't think I'll ever watch again.

Sorry if these lists made no sense or were boring, but maybe it will entice some of you to give Doctor Who a try. It's hard to pick the best episode to start with. Some say skip Nine at first, but I don't really see why. You can find series 1-7 on Netflix and Hulu plus. It might take a couple episodes to get used to the bizarreness. It took me almost three and a half years.


The Bride is now in paperback! It is available on the createspace estore and will soon be on amazon!




No comments:

Post a Comment