Saturday, September 7, 2013

ABC Books "M"



Several on the list today. A nice variety, too.


A Mid Summer Night's Dream- Shakespeare. I know it's not a book, but it kind of felt like one when we read it in school. Fun story about mistaken love and mischievous fairies.

Matched- Ally Condie. I really liked the premise for this book and enjoyed it quite a bit. Unfortunately when I started book 2, it lost my interest. Love triangles can be tricky, and I'm not usually a fan of them. Something about this triangle and the progression of the story just didn't work for me.

Magyk (Septimus Heap)- Angie Sage. Here's another book series that started out fun and exciting, but lost my interest in later books. I seem to have several book series that I start and don't finish. I didn't realize I was so picky. Still, this one might get another chance someday, because it was interesting.

Matilda- Roald Dahl. This book is super fun. I recommend it to all youngsters and even adults. The movie version is fun as well.

My Antonia- Willa Cather. Another high school AP English assignment. It was okay. I would have liked a different ending, but all in all it was fine. Probably wouldn't read it again.


Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment