Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #14


I haven't had the pleasure of being able to travel a lot. I've never been out of the US, but I would like to someday. There are many wonderful places out there with amazing things to see, people to meet, and food to eat.

Today's Topic: Countries I'd Like To Visit

10. Spain. I had a pen pal from Spain when I was in elementary and one of the post cards she sent was of the Barcelona Cathedral. I thought it was a beautiful building and have wanted to see it in person ever since. 
9. Russia. Another country with awesome architecture. We had a jigsaw puzzle of St. Basil's Cathedral when I was a child and thought it was such a cool looking building. (Fun fact: I have a brother-in-law who lived there for two years and speaks Russian.)
8. Germany. Two of my brothers went to Germany a few years ago for a huge music festival (Wacken) and brought back great pictures and stories of Germany.
7. China. My husband has been there and has great things to say about it.
6. Japan. My husband LOVES everything about Japan. He even speaks some Japanese. We both would love to go there.
5. New Zealand. What can I say, I want to see the Shire.
4. France. Paris. Enough said.
3. Greece. Once again, architecture. I love beautiful buildings.
2. Italy. So many cities with so many cool things to see. (My brothers made a stop in Rome while they were in Germany.) Plus, I just finished reading Dan Brown's Inferno and now I want to see all the places in Florence and Venice mentioned in the book.
1. United Kingdom. I had to put all the UK countries together, because if I ever make it over there, I'm not leaving until I see ALL of them. The reasons for wanting to go here first could be another Top Ten list by itself.

There are so many other countries I'd love to visit, but that would be a Top 100 list instead of ten. These are the ones I'd visit first. If you have reasons/suggestions that might convince me to go somewhere else first, let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment