Saturday, September 28, 2013

ABC Books "P"



Here's a bunch of titles for "P".


Percy Jackson and the Olympians series- Rick Riordan. Mr. Riordan's first series about our favorite demigod is awesome. I love mythology, so this series was perfect for me. I haven't finished the second series yet, but I plan to.

Prince Caspian- C. S. Lewis. I've mentioned before that I haven't read all the Narnia books, but this one is probably one of the best after TLTWATW. Good story.

Peter and the Starcatchers- Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. This is the first in a series of a cool retelling of Peter Pan. I've read the first three, I think, and they're pretty fun. Plus, Dave Barry is one of my favorite humorists. I used to read some of his stuff in Reader's Digest all the time.

The Princess Bride- William Goldman. I didn't read this until after the movie was a huge favorite of mine. I was kind of surprised by how vastly different the book was, but it's still great. I love that we get more back story on the characters, and Goldman's random inserts are hilarious.

The Prisoner of Cell 25 (Michael Vey)- Richard Paul Evans. This probably should have been on my "M" list, but I forgot about it. This is the first in the Michael Vey series, about a boy with electric powers and the crazies who want the use him. It's pretty good. I think there are 3 books out now. I've read 1 and 2.


If you didn't already notice, there's a shiny new badge on the right side of my blog. The Bride was nominated and won Indie Book of the Day for September 27 from indiebookoftheday.com. Though it's a relatively small recognition, I'm very pleased about it and don't feel bad about tooting my own horn. Toot toot.




No comments:

Post a Comment