Saturday, September 21, 2013

ABC Books "N" and "O"


A combo of two letters today. I was surprised I couldn't think of more "N" books I've read. Oh well.

Number the Stars- Lois Lowry. I don't remember much about this book except that it takes place during WWII. I can't even remember if I liked it or not. Maybe I should read it again.

The Outsiders- S. E. Hinton. Good book, if somewhat depressing. I always remember the weird nicknames that some of the boys have (Ponyboy, Sodapop, Two-Bit) The movie version is pretty good, and not just because of the actors who portray the characters :)

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish- Dr. Seuss. I had to include this one. Classic Dr. Seuss. 


--------
I've recently become obsessed with Doctor Who. I blame my husband. We're trying to catch up on episodes we've missed before the 50th anniversary airs in November. I'm ecstatic that David Tennant and Billie Piper will be among the cast. I've mentioned before how much I adore Ten and Rose. I also rewatched seasons one and two of Sherlock, hoping I might catch some clues as to how Sherlock survived his "fall". Nothing. That's probably why I will never be a good detective. That doesn't stop me from thinking and rethinking about it. I have a brain that won't stop thinking about things, even when I know they don't really matter. Makes for some sleepless nights.

Curse you, BBC!!


No comments:

Post a Comment