Saturday, March 8, 2014

What To Do...


Sometimes I question my ability to do this whole self promotion thing. I knew self publishing would require a lot of extra work on my part. I'm still learning the ropes. At this point, I try to stick to promos that don't cost money, like Facebook, Twitter, and this blog. I've added my books to several websites that list books for free and I've tried to find book bloggers to read/review my work. Sometimes it works out, but I don't really have any idea how well I'm doing. Actually, I have a vague idea. Since sales are mediocre most of the time, I'm thinking whatever I'm doing isn't working very well. It's kind of discouraging. What I'd like to do is use more prominent promo sites and opportunities, but they often require some sort of fee. That's not possible at the moment. Word of mouth is awesome and so are simple reviews. But sometimes that's up to the people who read my books. If you are one of those wonderful readers, I would really appreciate some help. I hope this hasn't sounded too whiny. I don't want to be whiny. I just want to get better at this.

FYI, I've updated my amazon book links. I've felt kind of bad that all my links were only for the US amazon. Using a site called booklinker.net, I've been able to create a universal link for each book that should send you to your country's amazon site. I think that's pretty neat. Try it-----> SURPRISE!

----------
My husband finally finished reading Soulless. Though it's not particularly the type of book he picks for himself, he enjoyed it. I'm always a little nervous when he reads my stuff because I want him to like it, but I also don't want him to say he likes it if he didn't. He majored in English and has editing experience, so he tends to be particular about certain things. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but since he isn't my editor, I just need him to be a reader. He's been very supportive about this.

Speaking of Soulless.... Don't forget about the Name Game. I'll be accepting emails for the rest of March (at least), so you have plenty of time to think of some names. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can click on the link on the right or find the post from last Saturday. There's also a countdown for the next free day for Soulless!

Have a great weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment