Saturday, July 6, 2013

ABC Books "D"




Here's my list for "D" books.


The Da Vinci Code- Dan Brown.  Another Dan Brown. I read this before Angels and Demons, even though I believe the events of the latter happen before the The Da Vinci Code. Even though I don't agree with most of the speculations in this book, I like this one the most so far and look forward to reading the latest Robert Langston adventure, Inferno.

The Dark is Rising- Susan Cooper. I read this in elementary and I must have been absent one or two days when the class read a few chapters, because I was kind of lost throughout the book. When I read it again later in life, I really enjoyed it. There's a lot going on, but the magical elements are pretty interesting.

Death Be Not Proud- John Gunther. I've mentioned before that I'm not a fan of sad books/endings, but this true story of a young man's fight with a brain tumor, told by his loving father, was well worth the tears and heartache I felt. If you've never read this book, I highly recommend it.


2 comments:

  1. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Dark Is Rising series. I used to read the whole series once a year.

    ReplyDelete