Saturday, July 27, 2013

ABC Books "G"



I had a hard time remembering books I've read that start with "G". So, unfortunately, there will only be two this time.


The Grapes of Wrath-- John Steinbeck. Yet another book I read in high school, and this one was probably my least favorite. It's long and depressing. Perhaps I'm not giving it the credit it deserves, but I was a teenager when I read it. My opinion might be different if I'd read it as an adult. We'll never know, because I have no plans to read it again.


A Great and Terrible Beauty-- Libba Bray. Okay, now one I did enjoy. I was fascinated by this story with its intriguing characters and hidden world of magic. I read the second and liked it slightly less, and started the third. It went down hill from there. I was so disappointed that my interest dropped somewhere around the first part of book three that I didn't even finish it. I'm not really sure what went wrong.


If you haven't participated in my book cover poll yet (see the post below) please do so now! I'm excited to find out which picture is the most popular. If you're using an iPhone and can't see the poll, go to the very bottom of the post and you should see an option to view the full web page.



No comments:

Post a Comment