Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #4


We all have our favorite children's books. And who doesn't love Dr. Seuss?

Today's Topic: Dr. Seuss Books

10. Horton Hears a Who
9. Hop on Pop
8. One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
7. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
6. The Sneetches
5. Yertle the Turtle
4. Marvin K. Mooney, Will You Please Go Now?
3. Green Eggs and Ham
2. There's a Wocket in my Pocket
1. The Foot Book  This one has a special place in my heart, and not because I loved it as a child. I've worked with Special Needs students for MANY years and one particular student loved this book. I probably read it to him once (or more) a day for almost the entire school year. We'd read it fast or slow, upside-down and backwards, and with funny voices. Though there were times when I would have been glad to never see that book again, having read it dozens and dozens of times, I will never forget how happy this sweet boy was each time I read it. I even drew a picture of the guy on the front cover for him.

Dr. Seuss, you were a genius!


No comments:

Post a Comment