Thursday, February 6, 2014

Getting Out of a Slump



I've been in a reading slump for a long time. Like, a year or more. I've had a really hard time getting into anything. I'll start something and not finish it, or buy something and not start it. The hardest part is that I don't know why. I used to be a voracious reader. I would visit the library near my home at least once a week. Now, the last time I was at a library was months ago. Anyway, I've recently been collecting some ebooks from the Kindle store and iBookstore that sound interesting, hoping at least one will help me get out of this slump. I started reading one called Heartless, which is the first book in the series Tales of Goldstone Wood by Anne Elisabeth Stengl. I'm not very far into it, but I'm enjoying it! It's about a princess who has recently come of age and a prince who wishes to marry her. But because he's not the dashing, romantic vision she's always imagined, she rejects him for another. Her choice, however, may put everyone in danger.

If anyone would like to recommend something they've enjoyed in the genre of YA fiction, fantasy being my favorite, please feel free to leave me a comment.


2 comments:

  1. For book club I just started reading the YA fantasy Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George. It's the first in a trilogy based on the 12 dancing princesses. Sounds cheesy, but it's pretty good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. I read one called Entwined that was also based on the 12 dancing princesses and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete