Saturday, August 17, 2013

ABC Books "H"



It's been a couple of weeks since my last ABC book post and I'm coming back with a letter that has two of the greatest series ever written. I'll start with two others, though.

Holes- Louis Sachar. I've read this a couple of times, both because of my job as a Special Ed. paraeducator over the years. It's a fun book with interesting characters. It's geared towards a young male audience, but I enjoyed it as well.

The Host- Stephenie Meyer. Now, I'm going to admit that I liked the Twilight series. Let's just get that out there. When I heard about the premise for The Host, I wasn't all that interested. It sounded more Sci Fi than fantasy and I prefer fantasy. I gave it a try anyway and enjoyed it. Though the love rectangle was a bit much. I haven't seen the movie version yet, but will probably end up renting it one of these days.

The Hunger Games trilogy- Suzanne Collins.  Love it love it love! If you haven't read these books, do it right now before anyone finds out. These books are wonderfully intense and exciting. The only problem I had was that I thought the ending felt a bit rushed. Can't wait for the Catching Fire movie to come out!

Harry Potter- J.K. Rowling. What can be said about this series that hasn't already been said by millions of people? I read the first book after my mom got it from the library. She had heard about it from a talk show. I wasn't too sure at first, but once I read the first few chapters, I was HOOKED! I got the next two from the library soon after, but had to wait for the fourth to be released. I found out about some local midnight sales/parties that would be happening for its release and I convinced my dad to drive me around so I could get a copy. (thanks Dad!) I resisted reading it until the next morning. For the last three books, I decided to order them online from amazon and each one arrived on the day of its release, so I didn't have to wait. Sigh. I've read most of them 10+ times, some only 7 or 8 times. And I have the audio versions on my iPod. (I'm in the middle of listening to Prisoner of Azkaban right now) I will read this series again and again because it is just THAT GOOD!



No comments:

Post a Comment