Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday #12
One of the greatest shows to ever grace a TV screen is Avatar: the Last Airbender. If you've never seen the show, you are missing out big time. Yes, I know it's a cartoon and, yes, I am an adult, but it is so much more than a cartoon from a children's network. This may contain minor spoilers/inside jokes.
Today's Topic: Reasons Why Avatar is Awesome.
10. Strong sense of friendship. From start to finish, these characters are there for each other no matter what.
9. The animals. Everything from cow-hippo to owl-cat. If I remember right, there is only one "normal" animal in the series. The Earth King's pet bear, Bosco.
8. King Bumi. This dude is crazy. Like a fox. He's old, a bit off his rocker, and totally ripped. Lettuce leaf?
7. Aang never kills anyone. Okay, Firelord Ozai is an evil dude and probably should have been terminated, but Aang is just a kid. No kid should have to end someone's life. Thank goodness for that lion-turtle.
6. Bending. Such a cool power over the elements. I would totally want to be an Airbender.
5. Zuko's redemption. I figured that it would happen at some point. He's a lost young man searching for something that will please his psychotic father instead of himself. By the end of the series, he's definitely one of the best characters.
4. The continuous, unlucky, misadventures of Sokka. Anything and everything that can go wrong will probably happen to Sokka. With hilarious results.
3. Toph. A little blind girl who can kick anyone's butt. I love the first time she metalbends.
2. Uncle Iroh's wisdom and compassion. Everyone needs an Uncle Iroh.
1. Kataang. I rooted for Aang and Katara the entire series. They are one of my top favorite TV couples of all time. (See top ten list #2)