Thursday, August 15, 2013

Ten and Rose



My husband loves Doctor Who. I have tolerated the show, watching occasionally when he wants to. I think the first time I saw an episode, I thought, "This is dumb." Which is saying something for me, because I watch many a show that other people would consider dumb. Well, we recently watched season two of the reboot, with Ten and Rose. If there ever was a Doctor and a companion to watch, it's these two. They were magical together. I already knew enough about the show to know what was coming at the end. (thank you, Pinterest) I didn't want to watch it. But I did and bawled my eyes out. WHY DIDN'T HE TELL HER!?!? My husband reassured me that everything would be fine a little later on, which I also know about, but I still tear up when I think about their last episode.

How is it that characters from a fictional, and often bizarre, story are able to make such an impact? Why do we care so much? As a writer, I think about this all the time.

I'll continue to watch episodes here and there, but I will never forget Ten and Rose. And the "happy ending" coming up better be good.

On a different note, I hope to have the new version of The Bride available tomorrow. Or Saturday. My husband is helping me revamp the cover, but he's sick today. I'm sure some Doctor Who would cheer him up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment